Enoggera Creek Sport & Recreation Precinct – Windsor, Wilston & Newmarket
Date of Publication:
Sunday, 11 April 2021
Your Neighbourhood Moderators
Brisbane City Council have announced the upgrade of existing Recreation Reserves and Sporting Facilities, located along Enoggera Creek between Lutwyche Road and Enoggera Road, within the suburbs of Windsor, Wilston and Newmarket.
Recreation Precinct – Windsor, Wilston & Newmarket
4030, 4051, Baseball, Clubhouse, Cricket, Cycling, Environmental Area, Infrastructure, Leisure and Recreation, Local Government Project, Netball, Newmarket, North Brisbane, Outdoor Sport and Recreation, Pedestrian, Precinct Proposal, Soccer, Sport, Wilston, Windsor
Brisbane City Council have announced the upgrade of existing Recreation Reserves and Sporting Facilities, located along Enoggera Creek between Lutwyche Road and Enoggerra Road, within the suburbs of Windsor, Wilston and Newmarket.
Overall Precinct (West, Central and East)
A Draft Precinct Plan for the 52 hectare site has been prepared by Brisbane City Council for the revitalisation and rejuvenation of existing sporting facilities and to provide a range of new sporting facilities, recreation and community activities for north Brisbane.
The project aim is to provide community access to a variety of sport and recreation options amongst the existing Enoggera Creek parkland corridor, to encourage active and healthy lifestyles. The project is separated into West, Central and East Precincts.
– a dedicated football precinct (natural turf and hybrid/synthetic fields)
– football precinct capacity increased by more than 30%
– a doubling of the existing recreation space
– additional formalised car parking spaces and bus layover.
Parks Included: Spencer Park, McCook Park and Wilston Recreation Reserve (Mark Street).
– a new dedicated shared diamond precinct for baseball and softball
– a new purpose-built clubhouse and batting cages for baseball and softball
– a central green open recreation space
– a new designated playground facilities
– a new dog park
– 50% increase in shade and biodiversity
– new amenity and dedicated parking.
Parks Included: Finsbury Park and Langley Avenue Park.
– two new synthetic hockey fields (elevated out of the floodplain)
– 610 ground-level car parking spaces
– a new Cricket facility and fields
– a new multi-purpose indoor sport and community centre
– two dedicated recreation parks
– a hardcourt precinct for netball
– realigned road network for improved connectivity and patron safety.
Parks Included: Downey Park, Rasey Park, Victor Park and Northey Street. Park
Long-term Planning Deliverables:
– Fosters active, healthy, and outdoor lifestyle
– Creates community connections catering to all ages and abilities
– Protects the natural habitat while improving inner-city parks
– Promotes flood resilience, stormwater management to Enoggera Creek.
– 2018 – community and stakeholder engagement (forming technical studies)
– 27 or 30 April 2021 – feedback on draft precinct plans
– Mid 2021 – Final precinct plan will be released publicly for comment
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or development.